Instructions for adding a link to a category:
- Select the category listed below. A new page appears.
- In the General area, click Turn editing on (upper right).
- Click +Add an activity or resource. A window with a list appears.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click the radio button adjacent to URL.
- Click Add. A new window opens.
- Enter the page title of the link you have selected.
- Enter a description of the link.
- Select the check box labeled .Display description on project page.
- Enter the External URL you have selected.
- Click Appearance. The display area opens.
- Un-check the box adjacent to Display URL description.
- Open the display drop-down menu and select in Pop-up.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save and return to project.
Click Math above and view the video.
Some simple shapes can be put into broad categories. For instance, polygons are classified according to their number of edges as triangles, quadrilaterals,pentagons, etc. Each of these is divided into smaller categories; triangles can be equilateral, isosceles, obtuse, acute, scalene, etc. while quadrilaterals can berectangles, rhombi, trapezoids, squares, etc.
If an object falls into one of these categories exactly or even approximately, we can use it to describe the shape of the object. Thus, we say that the shape of amanhole cover is a disk, because it is approximately the same geometric object as an actual geometric disk.
The image is from wikipedia.org; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Polygon_types.svg
- Manager: Mehri Fadavi
Understand a fraction 1/b as the quantity formed by 1 part when a whole is partitioned into b equal parts; understand a fraction a/b as the quantity formed by a parts of size 1/b.
Understand a fraction as a number on the number line; represent fractions on a number line diagram.
Explain equivalence of fractions in special cases, and compare fractions by reasoning about their size.
Conceptual understanding of the place value system